In 2018, the Jordan’s Guardian Angels global community came together to push us closer than ever to a cure for Jordan’s Syndrome.
From research breakthroughs, to securing a multi-million dollar grant from the State of California, our progress continues at lightning speed. It wouldn’t be possible without our brilliant researchers, our incredibly generous supporters, and most of all, our families whose dedication is driving us forward.
- Researchers have confirmed what they long believed: Jordan’s Syndrome, a mutation on the gene PPP2R5D that causes developmental delays and low muscle tone, is reversible.
- Initial research revealed Jordan’s Syndrome is linked to autism, Alzheimer’s, intellectual disabilities and cancer. It’s now thought the genetic mutation may be connected to even more of the most pressing medical mysteries the world faces today.
- In 2018, nearly $500,000 was spent in support of the research.
- A $12 million grant was allocated by the State of California to support groundbreaking research into Jordan’s Syndrome.
- Medical investigators and geneticists are studying skin cells bravely given by our children to better understand how Jordan’s Syndrome functions. Our team will explore the use of cutting-edge tools like Crispr for treatment.
- Stem cell lines and neurons are being created, as tools for therapeutics.
- Click here for an in-depth look at the potential worldwide impacts.
- Our global community nearly doubled in size. We are now connected to 77 families across the world.
- The 2019 family conference is scheduled for next March outside San Francisco, California. We are excited to have dozens of families attending from all over the world to meet face-to-face with our entire research team.
- Thanks to the generous support of our global family, Jordan’s Guardian Angels raised more than $500,000 at multiple fundraising events. We can’t begin to express our gratitude!
- While the State of California grant will support initial research efforts, much work remains. Your continued support is more critical than ever.
Cheers to another great year in 2019! Together we will continue to climb over any hill or mountain that come our way as nothing will stop us from getting to our goal! We owe it to ALL of our children!
Follow our journey and connect with our community on social media!