In 2019, the Jordan’s Guardian Angels global community of families and researchers pushed ahead, making significant strides on our journey to cure Jordan's Syndrome, a mutuation on the gene PPP2R5D.
Our brilliant researchers are working together collaboratively in a way the science world has never seen, helping establish a roadmap for treating not only Jordan's Syndrome, but other rare genetic conditions. Our families around the world are united, dedicated to finding answers for our children. And none of this would be possible without the incredible support we receive from communities across the world.
- Our community grew from 78 families to 120 families this year!
- We had our second family conference in March in the San Francisco area, where families from all over the world joined together with the entire research team to learn about the latest breakthroughs.
- Click here for an in-depth look at the potential worldwide impacts, and watch the video below to experience the family conference!
- We held two in-person workshops in Chicago and New York, and bi-monthly virtual labs with the entire research team as they continue their amazing work.
- Our wonderful research team made significant progress in their efforts to find a treatment and a cure for our children over the last year. In the words of lead medical investigator Dr. Wendy Chung, our toolbox is full.
- We now have iPSCs derived from our children, mice models for , and nanobodies for each variation.
- At our recent research team meeting in New York City, we learned the team has made great progress in understanding how the mutation works, which will help focus their search for a cure.
- Our researchers believe the PPP2R5D mutation may be connected to some of our greatest medical mysteries, including autism, Alzheimer's, and cancer – and potentially much, much more.
Getting the Word Out
- Our website traffic is increasing at a substantial rate and our videos have been shared and seen by tens of thousands of people all over the world.
- The San Francisco Giants and Minnesota Twins welcomed JGA to their ballparks, showing us on the big screen with our message visible for more than 50,000 people to see.
- The San Francisco 49ers also mentioned JGA on their social media accounts, where millions of people were able to gain more awareness about our efforts.
- Many fundraising events have been held around the globe.
- The North Dakota Gala and the Golf Tournament raised more than $215,000.
- Our annual Lake Tahoe fundraiser also raised an additional $200,000.
- In addition, we are SO proud of our families who have also stepped up and raised over $52,000 through in-person and Facebook events. So much to be thankful for!
We have much work to do, but we are well on our way to making our children's – and the world's – future as bright as possible. We owe it to ALL of our children. Here's to another amazing year in 2020!
Follow our journey and connect with our community on social media!